R3X Group, Inc.
R3X Group, Inc. is seeking a Field Director to assist a growing multidisciplinary team of environmental scientists, including engineers, biologists, ecologists, archaeologists, and planners on a variety of utility projects in Central to Northern California. This is a part-time position with the opportunity to become a full-time position.
This position will be based in a remote work from home in California and would require conducting fieldwork.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation is commensurate with experience and ability to be on-call. Employees will be reimbursed for mileage and travel time related to field work.
- Candidate must meet the Secretary of the US Department of the Interior Professional Qualification Standards in prehistoric and historic archaeology.
- Ideal candidate has a minimum of 5 years completing all aspects of survey, shovel-testing, and monitoring as well as a graduate degree.
- This is a lead position with the expectation that the candidate can gather all necessary, rudimentary data during fieldwork without supervision in the field.
Job Summary of Roles and Responsibilities:
- Willingness to be cross trained and support engineering and other environmental tasks such as taking site photographs, conducting site visits, and collecting GPS field data. All training would be provided by R3X Group.
- Ability to perform pedestrian survey, test excavation, and data recovery excavation.
- Provide support for field supervisors in connection with recording and evaluating cultural resources and be able to take detailed, accurate field notes and digital photographs.
- Ability to use topographic maps, aerial photographs, and GPS units for navigation and mapping.
- Inspecting and monitoring excavations during the construction phase.
- Candidate will be able to comprehensively document fieldwork effectively for the composition of reports by senior staff.
- Working knowledge of CEQA, NEPA, NHPA, and other state and federal environmental regulations.
Applicants located near Sacramento are preferred. However, qualified individuals in Central California will be considered.
Please provide a cover letter outlining your qualifications, and a current resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org. R3X Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com