- Eel River Petroglyphs
- Jake Jackson Museum & History Center
- Weaverville Joss House State Historic Park
- A complex rock art panel including at least six different petroglyph styles
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=23165
Jake Jackson Museum & History Center
- Indoor exhibits trace Trinity County’s history from the days of the Native American through the advent of the gold seekers
- Location: 780 Main Street in Weaverville
- Open December 26 to March 31, Tuesday and Saturday from 12 noon to 4 p.m.; April 1 to April 30, daily from 12 noon to 4 p.m.; May 1 to October 31, daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; November 1 to December 24, daily from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Visit http://www.trinitymuseum.org/
Weaverville Joss House State Historic Park
- Learn about the early Chinese community at the park’s Visitors Center.
- Exhibits include donated and excavated artifacts from the early Chinese mining settlement.
- Tours of the Joss House depart on the hour, and take visitors through the oldest continuously used Chinese temple in California, dating to 1874
- Location: southWest corner of Highway 299 and Oregon Street in Weaverville
- Open Wednesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; temple tours leave on the hour from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tour fee: $2 adults, children 17 and under are free
- Call (530) 623-5284
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=457