Shasta State Historic Park
- Explore the ruins of Shasta City, the “Queen City” of California’s northern mining district
- The County Courthouse has been restored to its 1861 appearance and features historical exhibits on the Shasta region.
- Location: on Highway 299 6 mi. west of downtown Redding
- Courthouse Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Call (530) 243-8194
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=456
Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- Visitors Center features displays on the gold rush and the Wintu peoples
- Location: about 8 mi. west of Redding
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. During the summer season, the Visitor Center is open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Admission: $5 per car for day use
- Call (530) 246-1225
- Visit http://www.nps.gov/whis/index.htm