- Ongoing education program “Digging Up the Past, the Archaeological Experience.” Students participate in an outdoor simulated archaeological dig and are taught basic excavation techniques, recording procedures, and how archaeologists uncover clues about the past. In the Museum?s classroom, students identify artifacts and develop historical connections. The Archaeological Experience is 2.5 hours in length (9:30 am to 12 noon) and is limited to a maximum of 35 students, grades 4-8. Reservations are necessary. Cost: $250 per class group, 35 student maximum.
- Location: 3615 Auburn Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95821
- Admission: Members free, $4 seniors (60+), $5 adults (18+), $4 youth (13-17), $3 children (4-12), children 3 and younger are free
Contact Emily Anderson at (916) 575-3941
Sacramento Archaeological Society, Inc
State Indian Museum
- Exhibits and artifacts illustrating the cultures of the state’s first inhabitants
- Location: at 26th and K Streets in the downtown area of Sacramento
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=486