- Anaheim Museum
- Bowers Museum
- Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Old Orange County Courthouse
- Pacific Coast Archaeological Society
- Yorba Linda Heritage Museum
- Exhibits on local history and culture
- Location: 241 South Anaheim Boulevard in Anaheim
- Open Wednesday to Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Saturday from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Call (714) 778-3301
- Visit http://www.anaheimmuseum.com/
- Anthropology and Art
- Tuesday-Sunday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Kids Museum
Location: 2002 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92706
Location: 1802 N. Main Street, Santa Ana, CA 92706
Mission San Juan Capistrano
- Founded in 1776
- Contains Native American and mission period artifacts
- Archaeological excavations can be viewed
- Location: on Highway 74, two blocks west of I-5 in San Juan Capistrano (at the Corner of Ortega Highway and Camino Capistrano). Take I-5 to Ortega Highway, west one block to the entrance on the right.
- Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Admission: $6 adults, $5 seniors, $4 children 4 to 11, Children 3 and under are free
- Call (949) 234-1300
- Visit http://www.missionsjc.com/
- Contains the Orange County History Center, which includes the Old Courthouse Museum, the Orange County Archives, and the library of the Pacific Coast Archaeological Society
- The building is on the National Register of Historic Places and is a State of California Historic Landmark.
- Location: 211 West Santa Ana Boulevard in Santa Ana
- Call (714) 973-6605 or (714) 973-6607
- Visit http://www.ocparks.com/oldcourthouse/
- Lectures in the evening of the second Thursday of each month
- Visit http://www.pcas.org/about.html
- Features Native American cultural traits and aspects of the Yorba Family and early American period
- Location: 5700 Susanna Bryant Drive in Yorba Linda
- Open Sunday from 1 to 4 p.m.
- Admission: $2 adults, $1 children under 12
- Call (714) 694-0235
- Visit http://www.ylpl.lib.ca.us/sbb.php