Colton Hall Museum
Limekiln State Park
- Features breathtaking views of the Big Sur Coast, the beauty of the redwoods, the rugged coast, and the cultural history of limekilns
- Location: Highway 1, Big Sur, 2 mi. south of Lucia, 56 mi. south of Carmel
- Open from 8 a.m. to sunset
- Call (831) 667-2403
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=577
Mission Nuestra Senora de la Soledad
- Founded in 1791, only remnants of ruins remain
- Features a museum containing artifacts from archaeological excavations at the mission
- Location: 36641 Fort Romie Road in Soleded. From Highway 101, take Arroyo Seco exit south of Soledad, and turn right on Fort Romie Road.
- Open daily from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Admission: free.
- Visit http://missionsoledad.com/
- Call (831) 678-2586 or (408) 678-2586
Mission San Antonio de Padua
- This spectacular mission conveys a real sense of early Mission period history.
- Located in Jolon, within the Fort Hunter-Liggett Military Base, 40 mi. north of Paso Robles
- Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (later on Sundays, after mass)
- Admission: donations are accepted
- Visit http://missionsanantonio.net/
- Call (831) 385-4478
Mission San Carlos de Boromeo
- Also known as Carmel Mission, this was the first of the upper California missions, established in 1771
- Visitors can tour the mission buildings
- Location: 3080 Rio Road in Carmel
- Open weekdays from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekends from 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Admission: $4 adults and seniors, $1 children 5 to 17, children under 5 are free
- Call (831) 624-3600 (Museum store) or (831) 624-1271
- Visit http://www.carmelmission.org
Monterey State Historic Park
- Historic part of downtown Monterey, formerly the capital of California during the Spanish and Mexican periods
- District includes multiple buildings scattered throughout the area.
- Maritime Museum exhibits California’s early maritime history
- Location: 20 Custom House Plaza in Monterey
- Open daily. Walking tours and museum tours are offered regularly; call for tour times.
- Call (831) 649-7118
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/default.asp?page_id=575