Fresno County Archaeological Society is a non-profit founded in 1975, works to enhance community understanding of anthropological and archaeological concerns by bringing together enthusiasts of archeology for lectures, field trips, and discussions. It is also the American Institute of Archaeology (AIA) local chapter. Reach them at email FresnoCountyArchSociety@nullyahoo.com, visit their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/FresnoCountyArchaeologicalSociety or via mail PO Box 26435, Fresno CA 93729.
- Exhibits aspects of the history, culture and art of Fresno
- Permanent collections include artifacts of regional history, Native American baskets of the Yokuts and Mono people, as well as Chinese and Japanese artifacts
- Location: 1515 Van Ness Avenue in Fresno
- Open Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday to Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Admission: $4 seniors and students, $7 adults, $3 Children (3-12), children under 3 are free
- Call (559) 441-1444
- Visit: http://www.fresnomet.org