- Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park
- Butte County Pioneer Memorial Museum
- Museum of Anthropology, California State University Chico
Bidwell Mansion State Historic Park
- 1868 Italianate home of John Bidwell – congressman, social activist, and agriculturalist
- Location: 525 Esplanade Avenue in Chico
- Open Wednesday through Friday from 12 noon to 5 p.m., Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Call (530) 895-6144
- Visit http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=460
Butte County Pioneer Memorial Museum
- Features local early American period history, Chinese Temple, and other exhibits
- Location: 2332 Montgomery Street in Oroville
- Open Friday through Sunday from 12 noon to 4 p.m.
- Admission: $2, children under 12 are free
- Call (530) 538-2497
- Visit http://www.cityoforoville.org/index.aspx?page=131
Museum of Anthropology, Chico State University
- Sponsors lectures and changing exhibits. Tours can be arranged.
- Location: on the 3rd floor of Langdon Hall, at corner of Cherry and West First Streets on the Cal State University Chico campus
- Open Tuesday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. while school is in session
- Call (530) 898-5397
- Visit http://www.csuchico.edu/anth/museum/