California Archaeology is the refereed journal of the Society for California Archaeology. The journal is a benefit of membership and may be accessed from your member’s page.
California Archaeology Reaches Milestone
At the start of its second decade, California Archaeology has been approved for inclusion in the prestigious SCOPUS academic citation index. The journal received these review comments from the SCOPUS Content Selection & Advisory Board:
- The journal publishes material that is well cited, underlining its importance in the research field. As such it merits inclusion in SCOPUS.
- The journal consistently includes articles that are scientifically sound and relevant to an international academic or professional audience in this field.
- The journal has scholarly relevance as evidenced by citations in other journals currently covered by Scopus.
- In general, the content of the articles is consistent with the scope and aims of the journal.
- This title addresses a subject area not properly covered by an existing journal.
- The journal has clear aims and scope/journal policies that are consistent with the journal’s content.
- Peer review type is clearly stated and is supported by appropriate reviewer guidelines.”
Congratulations to the editors, editorial board members, peer reviewers, and contributors who worked so hard to bring California Archaeology to this level!
Frequent the online access version, think of every view and download as a vote for California Archaeology—metrics matter!